Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wheelbarrow Planter Given New Life


Just the incentive I needed to get started...

After dreaming about starting a blog for a few years and getting sidetracked with PINTEREST, I've finally found the incentive I needed to procrastinate no longer... enter the "Creating with the Stars" blogger contest (via East Coast Creative and which I found out about via a pin). Only Bloggers need apply... time to stop dreaming and start doing!

So here goes with a project I finished last fall. It started out as a worn wooden wheelbarrow planter that was given to us by a friend. My munchkin could often be found using it as a bunny cart among other things...


Needless to say, it was a little fragile and in his hands it was soon in several pieces. Unfortunately it was beyond repair, but I loved the patina of the old wood and was not quite ready to toss it out. When I looked at the bottom of the "barrow" I was inspired. So I added large pieces of bark to the edges to give it even more character...


And so my new display easel took shape. Here it is with a group of autumn accessories that I was working on at the time.


And here it is with a more recent project displayed on it. 
A letter that I cut from an old encyclopedia and pasted onto a small canvas that I had painted over and distressed. I am so glad I didn't toss it! I especially love the wheel peeking out at the top. What do you think?

Stay tuned for an upcoming project from the remaining pieces of the wheelbarrow.

I submitted this project just in the nick of time to ...

No comments: